Welcome To St Mary's County Blog!

St Mary's County Blog is an easy place to locate items of interest to those of us in the southern Maryland area.

I have to be honest, when I was trying to think of a name for this blog that everyone would associate with St Marys County, it was hard. I realize that the name I ended up with appears to be an obvious choice. But, I had a ton of great names that I could choose from. Just think about all of the things that all of us in the southern part of the state take for granted that may have made fantastic names. One that I really like was "The Blinking Light". I know you are probably asking what does that have to do with southern Maryland, much less St Marys.

Here is the inspiration behind that name. If you head south in the state of Maryland and you want to go all the way down to Point Lookout State Park. You will have to go thru the southern most intersection of Md Route 5 and Md Route 235. Guess what you will see at that intersection? That's right, a blinking red light!

Although that would make a great name, I think the more appropriate name is simply St. Mary's County Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

St Mary's County News

To see the very latest news headlines that are related to St. Mary's County and the surrounding area, visit our St. Mary's News Feed. The feed displays current headlines that are provided by Google and can be accessed by scrolling to the bottom of the blog.

Buzzy's Country Store

Buzzy's Country Store
Old drawing of Buzzy's Country Store located in Scotland, Maryland.

Tools & Resources